Re: [exim] Disclaimer and DKIM

Author: Julian Bradfield
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Disclaimer and DKIM
On 2018-11-07, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> Douglas, Daniel via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Mi 07 Nov 2018 21:46:38
> CST):

[ snip ]

> You should refuse to use your MTA for message alteration.

This is not a useful comment. Many places are required by law to
ensure that every communication from them includes certain text. If
you don't do it at the outbound MTA, where do you do it? (Unless, of
course you force everybody to use Exchange and absolutely nothing
else...)

> Adding a disclaimer may do a lot of harm. E.g. it will destroy a GPG
> signature, or it will be outside of the GPG signature, and worthless
> then.

A disclaimer is not worthless outside a GPG signature. Nor is the
charity identification number which you would see as a signature if I
were posting this from work.