Re: [exim] exim4 only queues mails sent by systemd service

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim4 only queues mails sent by systemd service
Howdy

Firstly - please subscribe to the list (or post from your subscribed address) so we don’t have to keep allowing your emails out of the mod queue.

On 5 Oct 2018, at 19:11, Kamil Jońca via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> After discussion on systemd list we have conclusions:
> (https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2018/10/msg00054.html
> and thread
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2018-September/041395.html
> )
>
> 1. exim forks and creates background process to deliver mail
> 2. systemd, after main process exits, kill all remaining proceses, so
> 3. background exim process are killed during delivery, and message remains in
> queue.

…how often do you run the queue?

It doesn’t address the scenario you raise, but if you’re running it frequently enough then the death of a delivery subprocess from within systemd shouldn’t matter one jot.

That said: setting KillMode=none seems like an easy fix to me.

Graeme