Re: [exim] Outstanding problems with Exim 4.90.1?

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Outstanding problems with Exim 4.90.1?
Ah-ha! My apologies: I'd forgotten that was causing duplicate deliveries
too. (I've not had my first cup of coffee here yet!)

I'm not brilliant at checking whether a specific patch has been included
within a Ubuntu-distributed package…

- We're using Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS (bionic) with the
package exim4-daemon-heavy 4.90.1-1ubuntu1.
- The page at the Ubuntu packages site is here
<https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/exim4-daemon-heavy>.
- It has an onward link
<http://changelogs.ubuntu.com/changelogs/pool/main/e/exim4/exim4_4.90.1-1ubuntu1/changelog>
to their *Ubuntu Changes* page listing changes.

Sadly I get stuck there, not being able to figure out from that Change Log
whether the patch has been backported from 4.91 to 4.90.1 and applied or
not. I've tried downloading the source code from there but can't get it
unpacked; bring back straightforward .tar.gz files!

However I do see Andres' name many times in the Ubuntu package's Change
Log… :-)
Andreas, do you know if that patch has been backported/applied?

Cheers,
Mike B-)
--
Systems Administrator & Change Manager
IT Services, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK

Web: www.york.ac.uk/it-services
Disclaimer: www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm