Re: [exim] Outstanding problems with Exim 4.90.1?

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Outstanding problems with Exim 4.90.1?
Hi, Jeremy -

Proxies seem to have been introduced sometime between Exim 4.86.2 which we
were running before and 4.90.1 so I don't know it's significance. What does
it imply/in what way is it worrying? In case it's relevant, our mail
gateways sit behind an LVS load balancer so that incoming connections go to
that, which then uses ARP mangling to send traffic onward to a gateway in
the pool, with return traffic going direct to the client system. Could this
be causing Exim to see/log a proxy being used?

I'm trying to contact the user to get his OK to share the logs he sent in.
If he gives the OK would you mind me sending them direct to yourself
instead of the exim-users list? Or would you prefer them to go to the list
(in which case I'll need to also let him know they'll effectively be
publicly visible and I'll need to do some light redaction on them)?

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
Systems Administrator & Change Manager
IT Services, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK

Web: www.york.ac.uk/it-services
Disclaimer: www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm