Re: [exim] Ratelimit database

Author: Andrew C Aitchison
To: Juan Bernhard
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Ratelimit database
On Wed, 5 Sep 2018, Juan Bernhard via Exim-users wrote:

> Hello list, I've recently implemented a ratelimit acl on my servers. I would
> like to know how to delete an entry for a specific user in the
> /var/spool/exim/db/ratelimit database.  If someone took the time to do a
> script, and want to share it, I'll appreciate.

>From

http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-exim_utilities.html
section 14
exim_fixdb

The exim_fixdb program is a utility for interactively modifying databases.
Its main use is for testing Exim, but it might also be occasionally useful
for getting round problems in a live system. It has no options, and its
interface is somewhat crude. On entry, it prompts for input with a right
angle-bracket. A key of a database record can then be entered, and the
data for that record is displayed.

If "d" is typed at the next prompt, the entire record is deleted.
For all except the retry database, that is the only operation that can be
carried out. For the retry database, each field is output preceded by a
number, and data for individual fields can be changed by typing the field
number followed by new data, for example:

> 4 951102:1000

resets the time of the next delivery attempt. Time values are given as a
sequence of digit pairs for year, month, day, hour, and minute. Colons can
be used as optional separators.

I don't have a script for this, but you want to type (as root):
exim_fixdb /var/spool/exim ratelimit
useraddress

- or possibly replace the d with some field number and value.

Best of luck,

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                    Cambridge, UK
             andrew@???