Re: [exim] DKIM signing options - specially list of headers

Author: Sebastian Arcus
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DKIM signing options - specially list of headers

On 31/07/18 10:18, Mike Brudenell via Exim-users wrote:
> Hi, Sebastian -
>
> You didn't tell us the version of Exim you're running so I can't give you
> the exact chapter/section names, but if you look in the *Specification* for
> the chapter on DKIM, in the section called something like *Signing outgoing
> messages* you'll find the description of dkim_sign_headers.
>
> However I'd have thought that the defulat set of headers should be OK as
> the *Specification* does explain:
>
> When unspecified, the header names listed in RFC4871 will be used, whether
> or not each header is present in the message. The default list is available
> for the expansion in the macro "_DKIM_SIGN_HEADERS".

Thank you to everybody who answered so far. My Exim version is 4.90 and
I only use the following settings for DKIM in exim.conf:

dkim_domain = open-t.co.uk
dkim_selector = 20170820
dkim_private_key = /etc/exim/open-t.co.uk-private.pem
dkim_strict = true

I don't have any other Thunderbird plugin or anything else interfering
with DKIM settings anywhere - as long as I know. So I'm a bit puzzled by
the comments about over-signing. Is it possible that Exim does that by
default?