[pcre-dev] exim mail outage

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users, exim-dev, pcre-dev
Subject: [pcre-dev] exim mail outage
Folks,

I seriously messed up and didn't test enough scenarios when making a
change to Exim configs for exim.org on Tuesday. I then spent yesterday
heads-down on work and didn't see Jeremy's report to me.

I broke things such that sender verification failed for almost
everybody.

Sorry.

I've rolled back the configuration changes to restore working mail.

(I should have known that the paucity of spam in the mailman moderation
queues was too good to be true and not me just happening to look too
soon after someone else had cleared the gunk).

-Phil