Re: [exim] Changing full name in From: header to something b…

Author: Chad Tindel
To: Jasen Betts
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Changing full name in From: header to something besides www-data
> How are you making these emails?

The emails are being sent from an older version of the squirrelcart
e-commerce software. I'm just dockerizing it for a friend, and I need to
use something local to relay messages to AWS SES since this version of
squirrelcart doesn't support smtp auth.

> Possibly you want "control=submission/sender_retain" , (possibly with a

pre-condition) in some ACL somewhere.

Yeah I tried exactly that. This is the top of
my 30_exim4-config_check_rcpt file:

acl_check_rcpt:

  # Accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP). We do this by
  # testing for an empty sending host field.
  accept
    hosts = :
    control = dkim_disable_verify/submission/sender_retain
    add_header = From: User Name <sales@???>

Should I be doing it somewhere else? Or is it possible that somewhere else
is stripping off the username? This is just a default debian install so
I'm not doing anything fancy here.

Thanks,

Chad