Re: [pcre-dev] Checking the PCRE2 version not work as expect…

Author: ph10
To: Giuseppe D'Angelo
CC: pcre-dev, nadenj
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Checking the PCRE2 version not work as expected
On Mon, 2 Jul 2018, Giuseppe D'Angelo via Pcre-dev wrote:

> Is VERSION documented somewhere? I can't find it mentioned in
> pcresyntax. If it's for comparing PCRE version, ideally it should do
> version-aware comparison (or PCRE itself should use different version
> numbering scheme...)

It's not in PCRE1, only in PCRE2. Documented in pcre2syntax and
pcre2pattern. It was implemented so that people whose access to PCRE2
does not allow them to run pcre2test or see pcre2.h (i.e. all they can
do is feed in patterns and test strings) can find out which version of
PCRE2 they are using.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel