Re: [exim] Rspamd-Proxy error with exim

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Emanuel Gonzalez
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Rspamd-Proxy error with exim
On 2018-06-14 at 18:31 +0000, Emanuel Gonzalez via Exim-users wrote:
> Here the log:
>
> https://github.com/vstakhov/rspamd/files/2102038/rspamdserver.log

The rspamd proxy is replying with an HTTP response, not an RSPAM
protocol response.

Since I saw logic in the proxy source-code to handle this and perform
legacy conversions, my best guess is that some older release of rspamd
was missing that conversion logic and you need to upgrade rspamd. My
second-best guess is that you didn't restart rspamd-proxy after setting
the option to enable the legacy format, or are editing the wrong config
file, or some other glitch like that.

Exim speaks the rspamc output format when told variant=rspamd and the
spamc output format by default. rspamd seems to class these both as
"legacy" now. The proxy in your examples is not speaking that when
talking back to Exim.

Where the rspamd-proxy is responding "HTTP/1.1 200 OK" to Exim, it
_should_ be responding something like "RSPAMD/1.3 0 EX_OK" instead.
Once you get it responding like that, everything should work.

Regards,
-Phil