Re: [exim] Apple + Outlook - Exim on 587 does not work - Sol…

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Apple + Outlook - Exim on 587 does not work - Solutions
If I remember rightly Outlook tends to want to connect to port 465
using Implicit TLS. (Which RFC 8314 now makes the preferred choice,
reversing the previous recommendation. So anyone running AuthSMTP on port
587 only might want to review their setup and add 465 to it.)

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
Systems Administrator & Change Manager
IT Services, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK

Web: www.york.ac.uk/it-services
Disclaimer: www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm