Re: [exim] Fw: paniclog after upgrade from 4.90_1 to 4.91

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Sławomir Dworaczek
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fw: paniclog after upgrade from 4.90_1 to 4.91
On 2018-04-23 at 21:20 +0200, Sławomir Dworaczek via Exim-users wrote:
>> Afertupgrade from exim version 4.90_1 to 4.91 messages not sending to external host
>> Panic log : Delivery status for user@external_domain.com got 0 of 7 bytes (pipeheader) from transport process 13323 for transport smtp
>
> i killed all exim process, The error is still there, no mail goes outside domains

What is the output of:

exim -d-all+acl --version

If you use `exim -bpru` to pick a message-id to try to deliver, what do
you see around the time of the failure in output of:

exim -d+exec+transport+tls+auth -M $that_message_id

What's the output of:

ldd -a -v $(which exim)

?

Is there anything in dmesg about a delivery attempt failing?

The above error seems to be saying that the delivery process died
without reporting back status. So I tentatively suspect a crash either
in whatever (if any) authentication you perform against the remote
system, or TLS setup. Thus I suspect something like "built with OpenSSL
headers for one version of OpenSSL but using a different version at
runtime".

-Phil