[exim] ARC: no DKIM verify context

Author: Paul Hecker
To: exim users
Subject: [exim] ARC: no DKIM verify context
Hi,

> On 3. Apr 2018, at 14:36, Jeremy Harris via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
>
> 1) I don't need a duplicate mail to me, if you're copying
> the mailing list. I read the mailing list.
>
> 2) Don't top-post
>
> 3) Don't mess up your inclusion indications
>
> 4) Edit your inclusions

Sorry about this. This was my first post, so please excuse!

> On 03/04/18 13:22, Paul Hecker wrote:
>
>> since this release I get the following log messages:
>>
>> Warning: ACL "warn" statement skipped: condition test deferred
>>
>> In debug mode I fount the following reason:
>>
>> 19004 processing "warn"
>> 19004 check verify = arc/fail:pass
>> 19004 ARC: no DKIM verify context
>> 19004 warn: condition test deferred in ACL "acl_check_data"
>> 19004 LOG: MAIN
>> 19004 H=localhost (iwascoding.com) [127.0.0.1] Warning: ACL "warn" statement skipped: condition test deferred
>>
>> Is there something like “control = arc_disable_verify” (similar to “dmarc_disable_verify" and “dkim_disable_verify”) or how do I bypass the arc verification when DKIM is disabled?
>
> You have an explicit request for ARC verification.
> If you don't want it, don't do it.

OK, my solution was to add some lines in front of the verify = arc/… lines:

  warn
    !authenticated = *
    !hosts = :
    !hosts = +relay_from_hosts
    verify = arc/fail:pass
    log_message = ARC state: $arc_state, reason: $arc_state_reason

Seems to have solved the issue for me.

> --
> Jeremy

Thanks, Jeremy,