Re: [exim] Change attached file extension

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Change attached file extension
Hi, Dmitriy -

Jeremy's already answered saying it's not possible to change the file
extension. I'll chip in with my usual waving of a warning flag to say you
need to be very careful when thinking about altering the headers and/or
content of a message (which includes its attachments) and the message is
digitally signed with DKIM.

If you had managed to find a way of changing the filename you would have
invalidated any DKIM signature the message might have. OK, so this isn't a
problem if the message is genuinely spam, but if there's a chance it might
be legitimate you'll have just broken its authentication.

Cheers,
Mike B-)

--
Systems Administrator & Change Manager
IT Services, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK

Web: www.york.ac.uk/it-services
Disclaimer: www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm