Re: [exim] How to rewrite From: header of offsite forwards o…

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to rewrite From: header of offsite forwards only to prevent Amazon SES 554 error
On 22 Mar 2018, at 22:06, Pete Schaefers via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> send_via_ses:
> driver = manualroute
> domains = ! +local_domains
> transport = ses_smtp
> route_list = * email-smtp.us-west-2.amazonaws.com;
>
> It sends all non-local mail to SES. I need to have it not send forwards and let them be handled locally.

How exactly are the 'forwarded' emails generated? You've mentioned an alias lookup already but it isn't entirely clear how these are being generated.

The router above will punt anything for a recipient which is *not* in the local_domains domain list to your Amazon smarthost.

If you want to catch messages which have some other condition and deal with them locally, you'll need another router with a condition that can identify them (and a corresponding condition on this router to not handle them).

Graeme