Re: [exim] How to rewrite From: header of offsite forwards o…

Author: Pete Schaefers
To: Exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to rewrite From: header of offsite forwards only to prevent Amazon SES 554 error
I've googled, posted in the cPanel forum, and searched through EXIM
docs, but I'm not finding what I need. I probably am not asking the
right question...

Am I correct that EXIM should be able to pretty easily know whether a
mail is a forward of a local address?

If so, would a line negating the router action to SES be the proper way
to prevent it from being sent through SES, and instead be handled
locally (sent out through my server's SMTP)?

I suppose some conditional statement could be made against the sending
domain's valiases file, and whether the recipient address is found in
it, but that seems like a lot more load than is necessary since it would
have to check every email sent.

I'm out of ideas about how to search this out.