Re: [exim] Exim 4.90.1: when sending mail, tries using A re…

Author: Konstantin Boyandin
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.90.1: when sending mail, tries using A record instead of MX
Hello Graeme,

When there were (quite rare) actual connectivity issues, I saw the
messages like

2018-03-19 12:58:22 1exnoM-0004qJ-Bn ** user1@???
<user@???>: all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts

However, the cases I mention do not print anything like above to
main.log (and MX records are normally resolved at that moment, both
manually and via output of 'exim -bt user@???').

I'll do the debug run at first opportunity. I consider trying
manualroute for this particular domain, since staying on vulnerable Exim
version isn't fun, either.

Regards,
Konstantin

<exim-users@???> wrote:
>> I would appreciate pieces of advice on how to handle this. Thank you.
>
> It would appear that you can reproduce the problem, so running in debug

mode would be an immense help, then posting the output.

> In the example you gave first, did the message try the MX servers and fail

through a deferral (or connection failure) to use the A record?