[exim] How to rewrite From: header of offsite forwards only …

Góra strony
Autor: Pete Schaefers
Dla: Exim-users
Temat: [exim] How to rewrite From: header of offsite forwards only to prevent Amazon SES 554 error
When Amazon SES receives mail is validates the From: against verified
domains and addresses. If it does not find it valid it drops the mail
and returns error 554. (See last couple posts in this thread for more
info if desired:
https://forums.aws.amazon.com/message.jspa?messageID=745028#745028 )

I am running a hosting server with cPanel and EXIM. I had hoped that SRS
would fix this denial by changing the Sender: header and SES would
accept it, but apparently SES ignores that, and still rejects. Amazon
seems hesitant to address this, so I'm looking for other ways to address it.

The one that seems best to me would be to rewrite the From: header to
one that will validate (that of on sending server rather than the off
server original). I would only want to do that when the mail is a
forward, original sender is off server, and the recipient is off server.
This would also mean making sure the Replyto: was set to the original
sender, I would think.

I have only a little experience with EXIM rewrites, and the syntax of
the config file, so I'm looking for some help in programming the logic
of this rewrite.

Does this seem like a good approach, or am I missing something easier,
such as re-configuring something already built in to EXIM about how it
treats forward From: addresses?

Thanks in advance for anyone's contribution.

-Pete