Re: [exim] Exim process stack 100% CPU?

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim process stack 100% CPU?
On 07/03/18 09:19, Mateusz Krawczyk via Exim-users wrote:
>> Also, please run "exim -d -bV" and give the initial output, down
>> as far as the "WHITELIST_D_MACROS" line (we're mainly interested in
>> the library versions).

OK, OpenSSL 1.0.1e. Given the "handling TLS incoming connection"
status, I'm guessing it's looping around tls_refill(), meaning
that there's a debug_printf() that should show. Is this a
situation you can easily repeat? If so, run with debug
enabled (either from cmdline or enabled by ACL - which means
you can target a known connection source) to verify my guess.

The loop, if present, would imply that the errorhandling is
wrong in that routine. I'd have thought that a zero syscall
read() return (as seen in your strace) would result in
some non-SSL_ERROR_NONE return from SSL_read() but...
--
Cheers,
Jeremy