[exim] Blacklist of Wildcard Email Addresses

Author: Brian Spraker
To: Exim-users
Subject: [exim] Blacklist of Wildcard Email Addresses
Hello all,
I've been getting a great deal of spam emails making it through the spamassassin filters and other checks.
Another post was found about how I could setup a blacklist file of wildcarded email sender addresses.  I set this up - but it just is not working.
File contents example:
*user=domain.com**user2=domain2.com*
It should match against something like:
get_life_insurance-user=domain.com@???
You can see in the sender's email address, it is random info before and after the "user=domain.com" (which is essentially our customer's email address with the "@" replaced for "=").
In the exim config, here is the ACL line under acl_check_rcpt:

  deny
    condition = ${lookup{$sender_address}nwildlsearch{/etc/exim4/blacklist}{yes}}
    message = Your mail is not accepted here
    log_message = Your mail is not accepted here

Any insight on why this is not catching and denying those emails?
Thank you!
Brian S.