Re: [exim] Bounce router based on both sender and recipient

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bounce router based on both sender and recipient
Hi, Jarle -

Am I missing something, but why do you need a *router* to do this? Couldn't
you do it in an *acl_smtp_rcpt ACL* instead? You can test the sender and
recipient address easily then rejects the message with a *deny* if met.
Something like this, perhaps (untested!)…

deny senders    = lsearch;/etc/exim4/ses-suppress
     recipients = lsearch;/etc/exim4/ses-suppress
     message    = …some suitable rejection response text…

When the ACL spots a recipient address listed in ses-suppress *and* also
has a sender address listed there then the recipient is rejected. (By the
way, did you mean to use "ses-suppress" for both senders and recipients
there, by the way? Not "ses-senders" for the sender?)

However think carefully if this is what you want for the "edge cases"…

For example, suppose a sender listed in ses-suppress tried to send a
message to *two* recipients, *only one* of which is listed in ses-suppress?

- Do you want just the listed recipient to be rejected and the message
still to be delivered to the other (unlisted) recipient?
- Or do you want the entire message to be dropped to *all* recipients if
*any* recipient is listed in ses-suppress?

As it stands my suggestion above does the former, not the latter.

Cheers,
Mike B-)