Re: [exim] Exim not obeying "delay = " in acl_smtp_connect

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim not obeying "delay = " in acl_smtp_connect
Sebastian Arcus via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Mi 27 Dez 2017 11:19:11 CET):
> Apologies for posting for the third time in three days. I have the following
> acl in acl_smtp_connect, which appears to be ignoring completely the "delay
> =" setting:

You're welcome :)

> drop message     = Reverse DNS record incorrect or missing
>        ! condition = ${if eq{$received_port}{587}}
>        ! verify    = reverse_host_lookup
>        delay       = 600s

I tested this in a simplified setup:

    acl_smtp_connect = acl_check_connect

    begin acl:

    acl_check_connect:

        drop message     = Reverse DNS record incorrect or missing
             delay       = 600s

And then start working towards your setup. For me the above ACL worked
as expected, with 4.89 and 4.90. Please not, in case you use 'swaks'
with --pipe 'exim -bh …', the delays won't be executed, but shown in the
log.

--
Heiko