Re: [exim] How to limit the number of emails sent by each us…

Author: Sebastian Nielsen
To: Lena, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to limit the number of emails sent by each user
I would suggest using an config that restricts authenticated users to
a specific IP range. Then no bots from china can successfully guess a
account.

Something like:
  accept
    authenticated = *
    hosts = +relay_from_hosts

Then add:
hostlist relay_from_hosts = Your_local_network_or_ISP_range/CIDR
auth_advertise_hosts = Your_local_network_or_ISP_range/CIDR

A simple idea if you have a lot of users "outside" your Corporation,
use GeoIP instead to restrict relay_from_hosts and
auth_advertise_hosts to the same country as the server is located in.

That will prevent accounts from being hacked and used in spamming, as
the sender must BOTH be inside correct network AND have
username/password to be allowed.