Re: [exim] Routing email to different smarthosts accordin to…

Góra strony
Autor: Mike Brudenell
Dla: exim-users@exim.org
Temat: Re: [exim] Routing email to different smarthosts accordin to a "percentage"
Hi, Diego -

I'm assuming you're using a *manualroute* router to select the smarthost to
send your outgoing message to?

I so and you are happy with a fairly even spread between the onward
smarthosts then the simplest solution might be to just add *hosts_randomize*
to your router on smarthost0 — something like this:

hosts_randomize = true

route_data = smarthost1 : smarthost2

As it explains in the *Specification*, this randomises the list of target
hosts each time the list is used. (You can also split this into groups
which are randomised within each group but not between if you have fallback
hosts only used when the primaries aren't available.)

If you instead want an uneven spread of load over the backend servers — you
mentioned a 90-10 split — then you can almost certainly do what you want
using *route_data*. The value of this is expanded so you can construct an
*if* expression that uses *randint* to generate a random number and, if
this is less than a threshold select one backend smarthost else the other.

For example, something like this (untested, and possibly syntactically
invalid! :-) …

route_data = ${if <= {${randint:100}} {10} \
                  {smarthost1} \
                  {smarthost2}}

Cheers,
Mike B-)