Re: [exim] DKIM pubkey_dns_syntax

Góra strony
Autor: Mike Brudenell
Dla: Exim Users
Temat: Re: [exim] DKIM pubkey_dns_syntax
Strictly speaking the RFC says that the tag name ("v") MUST be compared
case-insensitively, and its value compared case-sensitively unless the
specific description for the tag says otherwise.

The description for "v" doesn't mention allowing case-insensitive
comparisons for its value, but does say the value MUST be "DKIM1". (Hence
we're being generous (and non-conformant) by comparing the tag's value case
insensitively.

A couple of other points though:

- We should perhaps have the pattern anchored to the end of the string
with a "$" as the RFC explicitly says a string comparison myst be done, and
that "DKIM1" is *not* the same as "DKIM1.0" (which the current pattern
would allow)?

- The "v" tag doesn't appear to be mandatory, but only recommended, and
if omitted should default to "DKIM1". So strictly speaking if we're
insisting on the presence of "v=DKIM1" to consider the DNS record to be
valid we're being overly restrictive. If it's missing the "v" tag but is
otherwise a syntactically correct DKIM record it should have its value used.

Cheers,
Mike B-)