Re: [exim] Again nested LDAP queries...

Author: Marco Gaiarin
To: Mike Brudenell via Exim-users
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Again nested LDAP queries...
Mandi! Mike Brudenell via Exim-users
In chel di` si favelave...

> If you're trying to get to values within a list, try using the *listextract*
> expansion item:
> https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-string_expansions.html#SECTexpansionitems

> There's a bit more on it in the *File and database lookups* chapter in
> the *Format
> of data returned by LDAP* section, which talks about needing to use
> *listextract* to parse returned LDAP data as it understands the doubling of
> embedded commas within values:
> https://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-file_and_database_lookups.html#SECID71

OK, read both. But still i've no clue how to use that... 'listextract'
extract only ONE field, and DN can have a variable set of comma-separated
parts, not fixed ones...

Eg, i can do:

    ${listextract{'odd'}{<, CN=sir,,OU=Users,,OU=FVG,,DC=ad,,DC=fvg,,DC=lnf,,DC=it}{$value}}

but there's no 'odd' in listextract number field, only a integer...

Sorry, but really i don't understood how listextract can help me....

Thanks.

--
La BBS e' come il mio frigorifero... da tanti anni fa in silenzio un ottimo
lavoro, al punto tale che mi accorgo della sua utilita' solo quando manca la