Re: [exim] Exim 4.90 RC3 uploaded

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Frank Elsner
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.90 RC3 uploaded
On 2017-11-30 at 08:35 +0100, Frank Elsner wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 20:21:47 +0000 Jeremy Harris wrote:
> >
> > I have built, signed and uploaded RC3 of Exim 4.90 to the ftp site:
>
> Hi,
>
> I've still problems to compile on an actual Fedora 26 system:

Which version of OpenSSL is this?

Try:
yum -y install --allowerasing compat-openssl10-devel
to replace openssl-devel (OpenSSL 1.1.x) with OpenSSL 1.0 stuff.

We still haven't actually moved to a newer OpenSSL API, although we keep
threatening to, so we probably still build with upstream-unsupported
releases of OpenSSL. But part of the reason for moving to "only support
the versions which upstream supports" is that it will let us switch APIs
(at some point) to use stuff which works with OpenSSL 1.1 too.

-Phil