[exim] Need some explanation

Author: Datasmurf
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Need some explanation
Hello list,

i'm new to the list, to exim and mailserver administration in general.

I'm not in charge of the mail servers in my company. i'm only the guy
that has support privileges on the mailin servers. So i check almost
daily why or if a email was sent or not etc. The company's philosophy
is "learning by doing" so look up the manual from time to time and
google around on the web. But i have for now a question and i hope that
i find a answer here.

2006-03-27 14:03:25 1FNwzi-0002c4-KW == usuario@??? R=dnslookup
T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host

That is a example i took from a website. What i really would like to
know is from what is the (-53) and sometimes other numbers coming from?
And what does it mean if it means something at all.

I'm not a native english speaker, so i say i'm sorry in advance for any
mistakes.

best regards

Daniel

--