Re: [exim] sender-address and gmail

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] sender-address and gmail
On 2017-10-23 at 17:46 +0200, Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users wrote:
> Angelo Chen via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Mo 23 Okt 2017 10:25:33 CEST):
> > >     client_send = : $sender-address : aPassword

> > > this failed, looks like $sender-address is expanded into user1@localhost,
> > > any idea how to make this work? THanks,
>
> Your
>
>     echo … | mail … -r …

> is called by a non-privileged user "user1", isn't it?
> Exim overrides the envelope sender with the ID it believes to be correct
> and trusted. In your case it is the "user1".

Thus `qualify_domain` as a main configuration option.

Change `qualify_domain` to not be `localhost`, but the desired local
domain. Then no trust configuration should be needed. However, that
does require that all local usernames be valid login names, which seems
undesirable to me. But hey, that's what was asked.

-Phil