Re: [exim] Implementation of SPF - flaw?

Author: Hardy
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Implementation of SPF - flaw?
Caution: re-ordered paragraphs for emphasis of what I meant. Richard, we
agree! I just want to point out a nonsense behavior of the
exim/libspf2.a implementation of SPF.

> There are other acl conditions you can use to enforce the....

Yes, I said this in my first post: In my box a mail from a local user
does not need to be checked against SPF, a forged sender is detected and
rejected by local knowledge, loooong before my rules need to check any
external service.

>>> The string "localhost is always allowed." can be found in libspf2.a
>>
>> So this is wanted by exim! I did not check what SPF specs say about it,
>>
>> but this would mean, my local users CAN forge sender addresses?! Does
>> this make sense?!

What I meant is: /according to ligspf2.a implemenatation/ local users
/are allowed/ to spoof their sender address, which does NOT make sense.
This is the flaw I want to point at...

In practice it does not bother me at all. It is just my academical way
to have things right, even if I don't use them.

Hardy

--
If God Meant Us to Vote, He Would Have Given Us Candidates.