Re: [exim] I: "Introduce a delay into the SMTP transaction" …

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] I: "Introduce a delay into the SMTP transaction" - connection timeout
Here's the relevant bit:

On 19/09/17 23:46, SW & Work SaS wrote:
> Connecting to smtp.thistledesign.it [46.252.149.139]:25 from 207.58.179.71
> ... failed: Connection timed out (timeout=10m)

It wasn't a delay-before-banner, it was a total lack of TCP response.
Assuming it isn't lying and did actually wait ten minutes... there's
nothing you can do about that apart from try some alternate means of
contacting that system or its operators.

My best guess would be that they have firewalled you. However, that
and the above does not match your description of a telnet test.
Was that test done from the exact same source IP? Is it repeatable now?
--
Cheers,
Jeremy