Re: [exim] local server access

Góra strony
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Dla: Exim-Users
Temat: Re: [exim] local server access
On 20 Aug 2017, at 13:26, Ltc Hotspot via Exim-users <exim-users@???> wrote:
> We configured a smarthost with an iptable to block all incoming port
> traffic. What is the rule which allows for the local server to connect
> to the address 127.0.0.1:25 ?

Firstly, that’s not specifically an Exim problem - you probably need to be asking the question on a WHM mailing list as that’s what you’re using.

> Read attached exim error log file and the current iptable
> configuration for details.

Notwithstanding the above, you don’t appear to have a generic:

-A [chain] -i lo -j ACCEPT

rule at the top of your file. That would solve your problem, and any others you might have whereby the machine wants to talk IP to itself - it will *always* talk to itself on interface lo, rather than the ethernet interfaces, because that’s the shortest and least interruptive path.

Graeme