Re: [exim] Sender Name & Email

Author: Mike Brudenell
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender Name & Email
You might be thinking of the ${address:<string>} expansion operator, which
interprets the string as an RFX 2822 address, as it might appear in a
header line, and the effective address is extracted from it. If the string
does not parse successfully, the result is empty. See the *String
Expansions* chapter in the *Specification* for more details.

I don't think there's an expansion operator to get the name part but might
be wrong.

Remember that if the string isn't valid then the result is empty. Remember
too to convert it to lowercase if you need, otherwise you'll get whatever
capitalisation it was supplied in.

Cheers,
Mike B-)