Re: [exim] PLAIN authenticator that checks against two data …

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] PLAIN authenticator that checks against two data sources
Thanks, Jeremy… I feared that might be the case but nursed a hope it would
be an easy way out of my problem: having two separate authenticator
mechanisms.

(I've read and re-read the *Specification* but couldn't spot it saying
anywhere that only one authenticator mechanism was permitted for a given
public-name.)

I'm going to do yet more debugging with my two-source check today, but am
still baffled why at one point it seems to correctly generate the 5xx
response but at some point as I tweak the expression it changes to fail
with the string expansion error that leads to a 4xx response.

Has anyone managed to get a two-source check for authentication working
properly, with the second using LDAP?

Cheers,
Mike B-)