Re: [exim] Retiring old build targets

Góra strony
Autor: Ian Zimmerman
Dla: exim-users
Nowe tematy: [exim] designated-initialisers and C99 - was Re: Retiring old build targets, [exim] more dlopen'd facilities
Temat: Re: [exim] Retiring old build targets
On 2017-08-06 14:39, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> I'd like to start using designated-initialisers, which is a C99
> feature. We've avoided such things up until now, to keep backward
> compatability. Does anyone want to take a stance, pro or con?

I am like, totally pro :-)

> Any other compiler features you'd like to see used?

Not really a compiler feature, but how about making lookups (and maybe
other plugin like features) into real .so objects, to be loaded with
dlopen() and linked with dlsym()?

When I started (and stopped) adding a new lookup earlier this year, I
quickly realized it would be more work than I expected, with changes
needed in multiple places in the code and the build system.