Re: [exim] MySQL - Blocking senders at RCPT time

Author: thunder
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] MySQL - Blocking senders at RCPT time
On 2017-08-02 23:14, Jan Ingvoldstad via Exim-users wrote:
> For use with "deny senders", you need e-mail addresses, even though
> they may contain wildcards.
>
> So your data would probably need to look like this if you want to use
> that:
>
> | 21 | *@*.date                               |
> | 22 | *@*.top                                |
> | 23 | *@*.us                                 |

Hi Jan,

Oddly enough, I can mix and match full email addresses in the current
format with this:

drop    senders = /usr/local/etc/eximreject.lst
         message = Not acceptable - You are blacklisted

The file just has two lines in amongst email addresses like this:

*.date
*.top

It works perfectly funnily enough. Maybe deny senders is a little more
flexible in this regard?

A.