Re: [exim] Update OpenSSL

Góra strony
Autor: Evgeniy Berdnikov
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Update OpenSSL
On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 12:30:37AM +0200, Luciano Rinetti wrote:
> In my Ubuntu Server 11.04 with Exim 4.74, OpenSSL 0.9.8o
> I'd like to update OpenSSL to support TLS1.1 or TLS1.2 in the
> encrypted SMTP connections.

You have outdated version of Ubuntu and ancient Exim with it, so
it's better to think about dist-upgrade, i.e. install new Ubuntu.

> Can i keep the present private key and certificate or i need to
> regenerate them after the update?

Keep.

> What are the correct steps to update OpenSSL ?
> Can i rollback to OpenSSL 0.9.8o if something goes wrong ?

Do not mind about rollback until you clearly understand
how complex and hard it is.

If you want to use old Ubuntu, maybe the simplest way is
to build fresh Exim from sources, with modern libssl.
--
Eugene Berdnikov