Re: [exim] Configure EXIM for incoming mail while restrictin…

Góra strony
Autor: Ian Zimmerman
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Configure EXIM for incoming mail while restricting relay
On 2017-07-25 21:55, Tech Gurus via Exim-users wrote:

> I have EXIM server "Server1.domainA.com" running as relay, I restrict
> relay to hosts defined on *relay_from_hosts* . My company owns 2 old
> domains (DomainB.com and DomainC.com) that we need to configure the
> EXIM server to receive emails for after changing MX records to point
> to EXIM server.
>
> - How to configure EXIM to receive mail “From Anywhere” for
> DomainB.com and DomainC.com while restricting relay to
> *relay_from_hosts*
>
> - How to rewrite the incoming emails to @DomainB.com and @DomainC.com
> to forward to @DomainA.com. As example: Incoming email to
> User1@??? should be delivered to User1@???

1. Start with the example base configuration, which gives you some
basic ACL machinery.

2. On all servers, include all domains (ie. Domain[A-C].com) in the
conventional domainlist local_domains. This will make the ACL machinery
pass mails addressed to these domains before relaying is checked for.

3. On the "legacy" servers replace the local delivery routers (that is,
all routers following dnslookup, and not including it) with a single
router that just forwards to DomainA.com. This can be done, for
example, with a manualroute router whose route_list is something like

route_list = * mxhost.DomainA.com

and whose transport is remote_smtp.

4. Optionally, you can think about what should be done with the
local_aliases router. (Do you want aliases expanded on the legacy servers?)

And, as always, the Spec is your friend, or foe :-)