Re: [exim] Rewriting envelope from to header From

Author: Frank Richter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rewriting envelope from to header From
Am 12.07.2017 um 10:45 Mueller wrote:
> On the first glance:
>
> Just put a text-file in /etc/exim or where exims path is linked to
> Ex.: rewrite
>
> In rewrite : apchache@??? : remote=apache@??? <-- first real then after remote what you want it to be
> In exim.conf:
>
> Rewrite Rules:
>

> ##mails out
> apache@??? "${extract{remote} {${lookup{$0}lsearch{/etc/exim/rewrite}{$value}fail}}{$value} fail}" rsfF

Seems to me a statical rewrite – that's not want I try to achieve.
My aim is that the envelope from (Return-Path) is set to the header from
(whatever it is) for some of our webservers, where PHP programmers send
email, but don't set the envelope from, so that bounces will go to
apache@mydomain. They should go to the header-From …

Frank
Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany