Re: [exim] Bug in string expansion of exim configuration?

Author: Forum
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Bug in string expansion of exim configuration?
Hi,

Am 04.07.2017 um 15:46 schrieb Heiko Schlittermann via Exim-users:

>> acl_check_data:
>>
>>       condition = ${if < {$message_size}{1M}}
> This is clearly wrong.

>     acl_check_data:

>         accept condition = …

> should work. You forgot the ACL verb (which is one of accept, reject,
> drop, …, but not "condition")

That seems logical.
This are terms i used from another old configuration.

>> This is accepted without problems in Exim version 4.84.2 but not anymore after the upgrade.
> Sure? I did a quick check and the above configuration line gets rejected
> with 4.84.2 too.

I can only say that this configuration is accepted and running on a server.
But additionally i must say that i did have strange effects, because this configuration was first accepted too.
After i corrected some wrong path for the mail and log dir this error occures.
Please don't ask me why?

Why the documentation does not explain this conditions in more examples?
This would be helpful.

>> Besides some more documentation errors:
>> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-string_expansions.html#SECTexpcond
>> There are a number of symbolic operators for doing numeric comparisons. They are:
>>
>> |= | equal
>> |== | equal
> What's wrong with that?

There is equal double with different syntax and an unequal is missing?

Best regards from Eitorf/Germany
Karsten