Re: [exim] EBL: blacklist for email addresses in Reply-To an…

Author: Jan Ingvoldstad
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] EBL: blacklist for email addresses in Reply-To and message bodies
On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 3:16 AM, Phil Pennock <pdp@???> wrote:
> Doing predictable lookups based upon the full email address, not just
> the domain, is drastically different from a privacy perspective. This
> is the sort of thing which is sensitive metadata with reasonable privacy
> expectations. Folks who go around sending cleartext queries to sites
> across the open Internet which are long-term 1:1 tied to email addresses
> are hindering their legal defense against future wiretap orders.

While I agree with you in principle, the problem is that this is just
about one link in the email delivery chain.

It would be ideal that everybody understood and took care about this.

However, we can't expect that they do, even if we do.

People who are concerned about privacy about who they communicat with
*cannot use email*. Seriously. They need to use more secure means of
guarding their communication.

--
Jan