Re: [exim] Enable TLS with basic Exim4 config

Author: John Smith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Enable TLS with basic Exim4 config
Hello Jeremy,

First I tried the "autodetection" method from Thunderbird setup
account.
For the IMAP protocol, it detects directly "STARTTLS" in the SSL form,
but for SMTP : nothing... I also tried to force the "SSL" and
"Authentification" parameters but nothing works.

Regards,

John
Envoy?: mercredi 14 juin 2017 ? 01:28
De: "Jeremy Harris" <jgh@???>
?: exim-users@???
Objet: Re: [exim] Enable TLS with basic Exim4 config
On 14/06/17 00:08, John Smith wrote:
> I tried this config on the server and on a VM : same result, TLS
seems
> enabled but Thunderbird don't recognize the encryption :(
More likely you haven't configured tbird to do starttls.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy