Re: [exim] Fallback transport with different bind address

Author: Brian Candler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fallback transport with different bind address
/> > I found the options "mx_fail_domains" and "srv_fail_domains" which
treat

http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-the_dnslookup_router.html#SECTprowitdnsloo

> "when a DNS lookup in a dnslookup router results in a DNS failure
> ... in the case of an MX lookup ... matches mx_domains, in which case
> routing fails".
>
> ... if that does what I think, your primay dnslookup router will
> decline, and your 4g-specific dnslookup router can have a go.

That's interesting. I think that if I put

mx_fail_domains = *
mx_domains = *

then the side effect would be I could never deliver to a destination
which has an A record but no MX record:

"messages addressed to a domain that matches the list but has no MX
record should be bounced immediately instead of being routed using the
address record"

Admittedly, that should be a pretty rare occurence these days.

Cheers,

Brian.