Re: [exim] Delivery of emails from *.Outlook.Com

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delivery of emails from *.Outlook.Com
On 12/05/17 14:14, Shamim Shahriar via Exim-users wrote:
> My mail server is running exim v4.88 on freebsd. Sometimes my users are
> receiving email where another colleague my be in to: or cc:, but the other
> colleague is not receiving anything. So far it happened twice and both the
> times the mails were delivered from certain outlook.com server.

MTAs, including exim, generally deal in envelope addresses not header
addresses.

> Based on that, my thoughts are, those outlook.com servers are actually
> delivering one mail, and expecting my server to do the rest (i.e., delivery
> to cc or bcc).

Yes. Such messages should have multiple RCPT TO: SMTP commands,
defining a multiple-recipient envelope for the message.

You could configure your logging to record the recipients on
message-acceptance lines. See

http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-log_files.html#SECTlogselector

--
Cheers,