Re: [exim] TLS error on connection to smtp.office365.com (g…

Autor: Boylan, Ross
A: Lena@lena.kiev.ua, exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [exim] TLS error on connection to smtp.office365.com (gnutls_handshake): An unexpected TLS packet was received.
I know I'm connecting to port 587 since I specified it explicitly. But I don't understand the relevance to my problem.

Are you saying that when exim communicates with 587 it expects to negotiate TLS immediately?
>From experiments with telnet it seems clear the server does a regular greeting and then expects EHLO and STARTTLS. This seems consistent with the relevant RFC (6409 seems the most current).

Or perhaps you are saying that my use of 587 was only partly effective?

Ross