Re: [exim] Auto Responder / Vacation issue

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Auto Responder / Vacation issue
Hello,

Osman ÇAKMAR via Exim-users <exim-users@???> (Mi 26 Apr 2017 21:41:56 CEST):
> On 2017-04-26 12:51, Jeremy Harris wrote:
>
> > On 26/04/17 08:08, Osman ÇAKMAR via Exim-users wrote:
> > > This causes our gateway to reject the mails.
> >
> > > Can you guide us how we can solve this issue?
> > Fix your gateway.
> > Jeremy
>

> The "F = <>" section is empty.
> For this reason it does not accept the Gateway.

Yes, it is supposed to work this way with automatic responses.
Normally.

> If I edit at the Gateway this time, they will also accept SPAMs.

Why? Your gateway should accept messages with empty envelopes, from
inside as well as from outside. Because these messages may - for
instance - be autoresponses from other systems, or, as mostly, bounce
messages from other systems, carrying vital information. (An empty
envelope isn't a strong indication for spam.)

So, unconditional blocking empty envelope senders isn't a good idea.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann