Re: [exim] Problems with Smarthost configuration and space i…

Author: Sebastian Lorenzen
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] Problems with Smarthost configuration and space in the password
Got it. Will try it in a Debian forum.
Thanks so far.

From: Mike Brudenell [mailto:mike.brudenell@york.ac.uk]
Sent: Dienstag, 25. April 2017 17:46
To: exim-users@???

Hi, Sebastian -

As far as I know, there is nothing in Exim's standard configuration that creates/uses passwd.client and so on. Instead it has to be put into the configuration file by the person looking after the mail service.

However it might be that Debian have "helpfully" provided various standard setups for mail administrators to "just use". That means whether or not it works with spaces is determined by the configuration entries they wrote.

So as someone suggested originally, you might get a more definite answer from a Debian-specific forum as it's a Debian-created add-on to the standard Exim configuration.

Cheers,
Mike B-)