[exim] Forced expansion failure in acl ‘set’ modifier

Author: Stefan Unterweger
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Forced expansion failure in acl ‘set’ modifier
Hi!

According to the specification (§ 43.26), when ACL ‘condition’s are
evaluated, if the expansion is forced to fail, the whole condition is
ignored, as if it were not written.

But what would happen if the argument of a ‘set’ modifier is forced to
fail (instead of just failing on its own)? Is there some similar
shortcut logic behind it, or whould such a case merely result in the ACL
being stalled? The specification is silent on this.

In other words: Can I (ab-) use a forced expansion failure of some sort
of lookup in a ‘set’ clause to somehow skip the ACL verb, or do I need a
seperate ‘condition’ that tests the variable explicitely?

Cheers,
    Stefan

--
▪ Die Internetbleibe. Schick, magisch, leistungsstark. https://internetbleibe.de/
▪ medoly media UG (haftungsbeschränkt) | Hausburgstraße 13, 10249 Berlin