Re: [pcre-dev] I'm adding PCRE v2 support to Git. It's a bit…

Author: Zoltán Herczeg
To: Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] I'm adding PCRE v2 support to Git. It's a bit slower than v1
>>>I.e. no difference in v1 & v2 anymore. The log case though shows pcre1
>>>being 2% faster than pcre2:

I don't know the reason then, needs more investigation. Btw I have started to improve the first character search optimization in JIT. It is still in progress (corner cases), although you can try it now.

>...but wasn't allocating the stack for pcre2 like that, but only for
>pcre1 (where I think it can't be avoided). Will do that & check how
>that performs. Thanks again.

The JIT stack should not affect performance, its purpose is extending the memory available for JIT.

Regards,
Zoltan