[exim] require verify = sender description

Author: Dave Restall - System Administrator,,,
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] require verify = sender description
Hi,

how does verify = sender work. I can't find anything that says what
it does exactly in the docs. I'm seeing a valid sender get rejected
several times before being finally accepted. I added a warn line
in the config :-

warn    ! verify = sender
        logwrite = oops sender verify failed : $acl_verify_message ($sender_verify_failure)

require log_message   = require sender fails
    verify        = sender

but all I get in the message is for a routing failure e.g. :-

2017-04-07 13:13:48 oops sender verify failed : Sender verify failed (route)

I _think_ the issue is DNS timeout related but can't see any way to
increase the timeouts (apart from editing the code).

Regards,

lists/exim/users/2017-04-07.tx                                 exim-users

| Dave Restall, Computer Anorak, Geek, Cyclist, Radio Amateur G4FCU, Bodger  |
| Mob +44 (0) 7973 831245      Skype: dave.restall             Radio: G4FCU  |
| email : dave@???  - Anti-SocialMediaist -  Web : Not Ready Yet :-( |

| Tact in audacity is knowing how far you can go without going too far.      |
|         -- Jean Cocteau                                                    |